IARI Diwali 2018 November 3, 2018 The Park Theatre, Cranston, RI
RULES OF PROGRAM ENTRIES: Please read thoroughly
Selection Waiver & Decision: Due to high volume of submission in IARI Diwali, your submission is not a guaranteed selection. The committee will review each submission for the content and quality before approval. Cultural Committee's decision on selection of entries is the Final decision. You will be notified of your status of selection by email. For any questions or queries, contact IARI Cultural team at email@example.com
1. Online Form Submission:
2. Key Deadline Dates:
3. No More than 1 Item: No performer, kids or adult, is allowed to perform in more than ONE item. IARI is very strict about this. Failing to abide by this rule will result in disqualifying the item.
4. Registration FEE: Participation and tickets are free for IARI members and children below 18years. (Your membership should be current as of 11/03/2018; Renew your membership by 10/31/2018). Non members (including participants) will pay $25 online and $30 at the door.
5. Short Video: Each group should submit a video (it may or may not be exact item you plan to perform) for evaluation by the IARI Cultural Committee.
6. Songs used: IARI does not allow duplication of songs. So if any duplication occurs (where more than one group are using the same song), song will be allowed on a first submission basis, upon selection.
7. Minimum 4 participants: Each entry must have at least 4 participants. Solo performances are strictly not permitted.
8. Maximum 5 mins: Maximum time allowed for each entry is strictly 5 mins. If you need a little longer that than 5 mins, please contact IARI Cultural committee asap, with proper reasoning of why it needs to be longer. Consideration will be given to uniqueness of the item.
9. PROPS to be used: Inform IARI of all the props to be used for your dance. Groups are requested to declare in their submission any props they intend to use. Please be mindful of following groups and use props accordingly. Props that include colors (gulal), confetti (or poppers), anything with metal pins etc. are not allowed. Props are owners responsibility. IARI will not be responsible for any loss, if occurred.
10. Additional Details Upon Selection: Should your team be selected, additional details on next steps will be communicated. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of your entry.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How can I buy tickets for Diwali Fest 2018?
A: You can buy tickets by registering for the event. Click on button on the left named "Register" and follow the instructions.
Q: What is the ticket price?
A: Ticket prices are as follow:
Q: How can I get free tickets?
A: Free tickets were offered to those of you who paid IARI Membership dues for 2017 by 10/31/2018. Now, you can buy tickets at $25 until 10/31/2018.
If you have paid IARI membership dues for 10/01/2018 - 09/30/2019 by 10/31/2018, please your PAYMENT RECEIPT and bring it to the theater to claim your free tickets.
Q: How many free tickets will members get?
A: Members who have paid individual membership will get 1 free ticket and those who have paid family membership will get 2 free tickets for you and your spouse. You will need to buy tickets for other family members who are over age of 18 years.
Q: Is there a FREE PARKING available?
A: Please visit the following link for information about parking: http://www.parktheatreri.com/about/free-parking
Q: What is the program timeline?
A: This year, the program will be first, followed by dinner
The program will start at 5:30 pm SHARP. We request all of you to come ON TIME so that you do not miss any performances. 183 performers will be performing at the event. Please respect their efforts by your timely presence.
Q: Is the dinner included in the ticket price?
A: No. Food will be sold at a reasonable cost by MAHARAJA Indian Restaurant of Narragansett, RI.
Q: Who is serving the food and what is the menu?
A: Food will be sold at a reasonable cost by MAHARAJA Indian Restaurant of Narragansett, RI.
India Association of Rhode Island
A 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization
Tax ID # 05-0464385
Copyright @ 2016 * All rights reservedIndia Association of Rhode Island (IARI)PO Box 41557, Providence, RI 02940